8.23.2006

Money. Yep, again.

A couple things have been on my mind lately, some personal and some more relevant to daily life. One of those overarching thoughts has been...money. Here I am, a year outta college and I'm in a pickle. The biggest lump on this pickle is me owing people money. School loans and credit card bills. Yeah, it's not a good feeling. I think I'm going to go out and treat myself with some new sneakers and a night on the town to cheer myself up. Wait a second...is that the right thing to do when I'm broke? Know anyone who does that? In any case, I'm determined to get myself outta debt and get financially independent.

I've mentioned all this before but, really folks, we aren't doing ourselves any favors by not properly managing our funds. My buddy Joel knows that all too well. As a matter of fact, its thanks to him that I've shaken myself out of this downward spiral and put some deep thought into change. If you're a regular customer to the mall of blogs, you might have caught onto the phenomenon of PF blogs, or Personal Finance blogs. Its like Money Fever has struck the blogosphere! 20 somethings and 30 somethings are realizing, "hey, being in debt sucks!" or "hmm, I have no kind of savings..." or better yet "I don't have any money and I work a decent job...where did it go?" It's time to wake up folks. I've compiled a short list of PF blogs that I've come across and that I read whenever they are updated. One obviously you know is Joel's blog and the rest are here:

  • My Money Blog - pretty straightforward advice and relevant info
  • Young and Broke - I like this one, she definitely adds a human touch that we can all relate to
  • I Will Teach You To Be Rich - Ramit is the man - he has a range of topics he covers that go from the straightforward to the conversational. He may even host a regular chat.
  • And one of my favorite titles, Stop Buying Crap - I mean, how much simpler can you get?
Check these out for a wealth of info and some thought provking entries. Or just a good financially sound laugh.

Start helping yourself out!

No comments: