8.17.2006

Food for Thought

Good morning everyone,

Of course I don’t want to start your day off on a sour note, but I wanted to give you all something to think about. Right now I’m kind of in a daze (and frankly upset) after hearing that my aunt was diagnosed with a form of incurable pancreatic cancer. She is a great lady and even though none of you know her, I’m sure each of you know a similar person in your life that means a lot to you or is a family member that you have enjoyed good times with. I apologize in advance if I’ve brought up any sad memories, but I just wanted to slide a quick, but meaningful thought in. Life is short. I know we hear that all the time, but it seems to ring truer now that I’ve become an adult. In any case, make sure the time you spend with people – take the time every now and then to let them know you care. A hug, a small gift, a dinner/lunch/breakfast on you, a “hey, I’m really glad you’re in my life”, something like that. You really never know when it will be time to let them go and on a less intense level, you might just make their day. Feel free to pass this thought around to those you know and care about.

Take care...

No comments: