2.20.2006

Deep Thoughts 1

I have recently had some time to digest the events that have been taking place over the past several weeks. Namely, my mother moving out of my immediate sight and living in North Carolina. A week after she moved down there, I decided to take a long weekend and visit her down there. I woke up at 4am in the morning and rolled out. There is a certain calmness and focus that comes with waking up early in the morning, I have found out. In any case, being down in North Carolina was relaxing in some ways. After arriving there I promptly hit the sack in my new room, complete with ceiling fan and spacious area. Being with mom was nice. We have been on such shaky terms for the past 3 years, it was a relief to see her geniuinely happy to see me. I helped her out alot, mainly with unpacking and setting up computer things.

Mothers invest so much into our lives from even before being born. Single parent mothers, in my own mother's case, invest even more of their blood, sweat and tears - that is something I will always cherish with my mother. It was hard to fully absorb the fact that she is no longer living in Maryland. But looking beyond her departure, I came to realize something. My true independency. As I continue to grow as a man, I have to realize that life does not always go in our favor (more on that later). Or more clearly, does not always seem to go in our favor. I think that with my mother being in a different location, our relationship can grow in a different way. She now has time to realize her issues and to focus on taking care of herself and only herself - which she really needs. Ever since me and my sister were born, she has not had one moment to herself. She needs that now. And I am happy that she can get that opportunity.

As for myself, this is a chance for me to gather my resources and take my own decision making skills to another level. It's now time for me to grow up for real now - mom is still around, but it is my turn now to be my own leader.

God bless mothers.

No comments: